I’m looking at my calendar and counting down how many sleeps until Christmas. In other words, how much time I have got left to do all the pre-Christmas things that need doing and my list is getting longer.
I have managed to complete one project, a Christmas tree ‘skirt’ for a family member who hasn’t seen the finished item yet – and as she doesn’t read this blog, I am fairly safe it will be a surprise when I give it to her.
I looked and looked for a suitable pattern, and was thrilled to find a whole book with beautiful Christmas things to make.
I wanted a modern look, and this design suits my criteria – colourful, modern and relatively quick to do.
I had to add a slight change to the pattern, as I stupidly cut the centre hole far too big. Memo to self: read measurements twice before cutting! I cut the circle out of the centre twice the width it was supposed to be (measured out 7 inches on both sides of centre inside – darn!). Of course I had started to scissor cut the circle when I realised. So my design has an extra ‘garland’ to match the outer one. I guess that makes the pattern more original!!
Naturally some AURFIL thread was used in the construction and quilting. I had the right colour for the buttonhole stitch in Ne 28, and used the Ne 40 in red and soft aqua in the quilting.
I bought some pretty reindeer fabric for the backing
and a chevron striped binding worked too.
Happy Christmas to everyone – just one week to go…