The Australasian Quilters’ Convention is just around the corner (16-19th April) held at Melbourne’s Royal Exhibition Building.
This is always an exciting event for quilters: an opportunity to see the latest in quilting trends, be inspired by the work of others, and shop for all things quilty.
Even the venue itself is full of inspiration!
Here at Aurifil we have been very busy packing up stock for the Aurifil retailers to display on their stalls.
Some of the retailers are taking a range of individual spools in various thread weights, while others are running special projects (such as block of the month) and we have been making up small packs of specially selected threads for these.
We have also put together some new four packs, including 3 new reproduction basic collections, just perfect to give you a range of “go to” reproduction-coloured threads.
These little four-packs also make great gifts (for yourself too!)
The retailers who we know will have Aurifil for sale on their stands are:
- Cherry Pie Designs http://cherrypiedesigns.com/
- Elm Grove Patchwork http://www.elmgrovepatchwork.com.au/
- Marg Low Designs http://www.marglowdesigns.typepad.com/
- Needles and Pins. http://www.kayesneedlesandpins.com.au/
Other Aurifil retailers present at AQC are:
- Barossa Quilt and Craft Cottage http://www.barossaquilt.net.au/
- Fifi’s Fabricology www.fifisfabricology.com.au
- Material Obsession www.materialobsession.com.au
- Millrose Quilting and Gallery http://millrosequilts.blogspot.com.au/
- Palm Beach Quilting https://www.palmbeachquilting.com.au/
- Sewn and Quilted www.sewnandquilted.com.au
- Somerset Patchwork and Quilting. www.somersetpatchwork.com.au
In addition, some of the talented 2015 AQC tutors including Deidre Bond-Abel, Kathy Doughty, Karen Styles and Lisa Walton use Aurifil thread.
Look out for Aurifil at AQC and be sure to make certain that you have all the Aurifil supplies you need to successfully complete your current and future projects!